On Monday the 22nd of February residents called the fire services to a residential street in Bradford’s BD4 area. At around 7:30am fire crews attended the scene at Beverley street where smoke could be seen billowing from the roof of number 52 & 54. Fire crews entered the building using breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire in the loft spaces in the house.
At around 10:30am a electric engineer entered the houses to make them safe following the fire he confirmed both properties had been entered by him to make them safe but couldn’t divulge any more information two police officers were still guarding the house and fire crews were still in attendance,
UPDATE Just been back to the scene as activity increased it is now confirmed by West Yorkshire Fire Service that it is a Cannabis Grow House at number 54, the loft and upper floors of the building have been converted to a massive cannabis farm. The electricity supply had been bypassed at the property to provide the electricity. This fire could have taken hold really fast, if it wasn’t for the local neighbours who reported it early this morning, the neighbouring buildings could have been in danger too.
The house next door was entered by the fire service to ensure the flames had not spread across the loft space.
All Images are subject to copyright and must not be used without permission.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 2,600 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 43 trips to carry that many people.
We were asked to go out and research our projects, by way of questioning people to see if they have an opinion about our project. I asked people how you feel about people who demonstrate; I also asked if people have an opinion on demonstrations.
- It is a civil right to express feelings about issues, alarmed about the possible introduction of water cannon to be used if we don’t accept austerity measures.
- Feeling safe even when demos are in place due to police presence.
- Part of culture going back centuries and is a way of getting opinions across.
- If they are peaceful to achieve a goal I don’t mind them.
- This demonstration should happen if this is out of hand and dangerous, damage being caused the place should be allowed to use Water Cannon.
- You should be allowed to demonstrate because everyone has a right, if you have a complaint you have the right to free speech.
- I don’t mind peaceful demonstrations but don’t like them getting out of hand, the use of water cannon should be allowed if necessary.
- Yes Water cannon should be allowed, in situations such as the London riots as in my opinion it is much less harmful than Taser on rubber bullets.
- If people’s feelings are strong enough people should be allowed to demonstrate about anything.
- 10. Demonstrators should be allowed the right to peaceful protest without the fear of being arrested by police for no apparent reason.